Note: this section of the website and materials are under development and can be accessed in October 2019
We offer the first global nine-month mentoring programme for women in public finance where our experienced volunteer mentors come from a range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
We have partnered with Mitzi Wyman of Wyman Associates to offer a programme that is rewarding for both mentor and mentee. It introduces participants to the Thinking EnvironmentTM a leadership model that offers an innovative approach to mentoring. Its focus is accessing the talent of all people, irrespective of background, hierarchy or power across diverse settings. It encourages mentees to do their own independent thinking with the support of mentors and is of the highest quality.
Benefits for mentees:
- Access to a diverse range of mentors from around the world committed to helping you fulfil your career potential
- Structured guidance and support introducing you to the building blocks of the Thinking EnvironmentTM which will be of value in all aspects of your career
- One-to-one support so your needs can be addressed
- On-line meetings with other mentees on the programme to develop your network
- Developing greater awareness of different cultures and diversity in thinking and learning.
Benefits for mentors:
- Introduction to the Thinking EnvironmentTM, a fresh and rewarding approach to leadership and mentoring
- An opportunity to support young women and the satisfaction that comes from helping them succeed
- Developing a greater awareness of different cultures and diversity in thinking and learning
- Connecting to a global network of women and men working in public finance
- Access to training materials and guidance on using the Thinking EnvironmentTM
Benefits to organisations:
- All of the above, but in addition opportunities for employees both potential mentors and mentees to have access to a wider range of contacts and support networks
- Assistance with developing a fresh approach to mentoring and leadership internally together with having access to a wider network
- A mentoring scheme that can help improve both performance and the culture of the organisation